90's / 00's Region - #4 Green Day vs #13 Rage Against the Machine

May 2024 ยท 2 minute read

I don't understand how Green Day is beating Rage!?

Cause they are better

Rage Against the Machine were something fresh in the early 90's, when Grunge was at it's peak. Mixing a bit of hip-hop with rock, and interesting new guitar work from Tom Morello, they really changed the way music was looked at, and made quality music while doing it.

They were political rock, which is fine for awhile but after a few years it can get annoying, and really not all that original, Megadeth had been doing the same thing since the early 80s, minus the rapping part, Tom Morello is an amazing guitarist I'll give you that one

Green Day on the other hand, got popular making some poppy punk garbage that wasn't even that good.

No it wasn't that good, in fact it was down right great

While some of their songs are slightly amusing, their popularity seems like a fluke (at least to me it does)

If their popularity was a fluke they would have faded away years ago, but they didn't, instead they continued to put out quality music that was enjoyable and fun to listen too, and reinvent themselves as they went along, RATM for the most part just stayed the same

. I've never understood the interest for Green Day, and I never will. American Idiot was crap, and it outsold their previous album, Dookie, which wasn't much better.

AI was not crap, it was Green Day going out and trying something different, and know what it fucking worked, everyone bought that album, and Dookie had huge relevance to the early 90s, I beleive it was Xfear who said, in a different thread, that for those of use who were growing up when it came out that Dookie was the soundtrack to our younger years Please people, don't vote Green Day over Rage!:smashfreakB:
People should vote Green Day over Rage, that is if they want to vote for the better band anyways, to tell you the truth I could easily see either Green Day or RHCP winning this region

ncG1vNJzZmien6fCrr%2BNsKmeq6Shsru7zZ5lnKedZMGpvsSam6xnaWXAbnyPrGSrnZeevK95k2aeq52Vo3qlrdhmraxlYWh6s63GnmSan5Geu7TAjK2fnmWdlrCptc2eZWtpZWeCcA%3D%3D